Monday, February 25, 2013

First one, opening day!

This is the first post of what I hope will be many.  Lets start with the basics about me.


Alex's self portrait caught big brother AJ in background!
I am first and foremost a mother and wife.  My two little boys are 2 & 3 right now.  They make life interesting to say the least! 
 
My husband and I have been married for over 4 years (Dec 30, 2008).  There is also a very special pug in our life, Axel, who is now 5 years old.  He is great with the boys and loves to just laze around! 

Watching a movie in bed...

I am a newer LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse). I passed my boards on 11 July 2012 and got my first job in August which I started in September.  I work about 8 days a month, every Friday and every other Sat and Sun.  This leaves plenty of time for my family and cuts back on daycare/babysitting costs. So I am not quite a stay at home mom, but I come close!  Having 2 toddlers to talk to all day can drive me crazy, so I am hoping to make some friends out here in cyber space to help with this! 

I have been crocheting for years, my Grandmothers both contributed to my education on it (one taught me the basics, the other to read patterns).  I appreciate them both for this!

I this past summer I started to crochet a TON, it gave me something to do between Graduation from nursing school, passing boards and obtaining a real job as a nurse!  My friend, Lindsey, kept telling me I needed to sell my creations to fund my crafting.  At work one day while working on yet another silly hat for my boys, one of the ladies I work with wanted to know how much I charge! Word of mouth sold another 5 more at work in 4 weeks!  I was really excited and gave me the confidence to open my etsy store! Crochetkreations.etsy.com

I love to crochet and to use my crockpot! So look out! I hope to add to the world of free patterns and recipes!

I have been inspired by pinterest and other bloggers out there. I want to give this blogging a try again.  I attempted it several times in middle and high school time frames, but never lasted that long.  Hopefully this one lasts longer!

Some of my favorite blogs would have to be, the lovely crow @ www.lovelycrow.comLittle Bit Funky @ www.littlebitfunky.com , the krazy coupon lady @ www.krazycouponlady.com , and Collin @ www.hip2save.com  and I will have to list the others later as a come across them again!

Again, this will be a place for me to document my fun days, my new creations, life's teachings and much more.

Thanks for making it through my first post!

Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment